Monday, August 17, 2009

Mission: Building Something

Just wanted to give a quick update on what's been going on with Adam. His unit is the only vertical construction unit in all of the northern part of the country, so he's going to be spending a lot of his time off on "missions," building things off of his main base. For example, this week he's about four hours away from his main base, doing a big concrete project. While out on these missions, he doesn't have internet access but was able to give me a call last night and let me know things are going pretty well. He had the day off today to wait for the concrete to set, and he was very excited about getting some really good sleep. He hasn't given me a lot of details (probably on purpose), but I'll ask him about things when he gets back. When he IS on his home base, he's able to email me pretty much every day, and we're sometimes able to voicechat, which is nice because he doesn't have to use his phonecard or go to the call station and can just talk to me from his room.

I'm going to post his address in a separate post since a lot of people have been asking me for it. I'm sure he'd love to get some mail :-)

As for me, I'm back to working at the Career Center and classes begin this week. Tomorrow is the first day that I'm going to meet the U101 (freshman seminar) students that I'm co-teaching, and then Tuesday is Division/Univeristy and Program Orientations. Wednesday is our first career fair of the year, believe it or not, so things are really picking up. I don't mind at all though...it makes the days go faster (although it does also make the nights become shorter as well hahaha). Anyway, Brady is laying here next to me passed out on his back, so I think I'm going to scoop him up and put him to bed for the night, then head off to bed myself. Be well!

D

No comments:

Post a Comment