Monday, August 17, 2009

Adam's address and some pictures

Hi all...here is Adam's address for those interested in sending him mail/packages. Something I found out the hard way: don't forget that you have to fill out customs paperwork because the package is going overseas. Depending on your post office, they may want you to leave the box open before sending it, so they can look at what you've put in it and make sure it's all ok. Your best bet is to only send him things that total $50 or less, because it makes things much easier on his end, and it's less likely to be opened and searched in transit. Also, if you plan on sending something heavy, get one of the APO/FPO flat rate military boxes at the post office because no matter what you put in it it ships for one price (I think it's $11). Otherwise, it's getting weighed and if it's heavy, it will cost you a LOT. Make sure to check at the post office about things that can/can't be sent (or get the info online) and remember that certain things are actually illegal in Iraq and can't be sent to him there (this info can be found on usps.com...I can look up the exact link again if you can't find it). I'll let you know other little things I figure out as I go along :-)

Anyway, here is the address:
Traynor, Adam SSG
115th EN CO. (779th EN BN)
COS Marez
Write it exactly as it is here to avoid delays.

Also, I wanted to share a few pictures of what has been going on in my life here in Columbia. First, last week I went back to work at my beloved Career Center, located in the H. William Close building on campus:

I'd love to point out my office, but you can't see it because it doesn't have any windows :-) It's on the sixth floor and I love, love, love it. I'm still personalizing it a little bit this year, but it's just so nice to have a space all my own, and I'm very thankful for it, especially knowing that many of my fellow GA's have to share office space with many others. I'll try to take some pics of my actual office sometime in the next few weeks.

Next, because I've gotten a lot of requests for them, here are a few pics of the little monster we like to call Brady:




He sure does make my life interesting, but I can't imagine what it would be like not to have him. I just can't wait until his dad comes home and we can split doggie duties :-) Hope you all are having a fabulous day!

D

1 comment:

  1. Hi Dawn! I'm glad things are going for you. Nice dogs too!

    Tell Adam I said hi and that I am getting a package ready to send. I have had to work in Fairmont so I haven't made it back up to Mtown to get the movies. As soon as I do I'll be shipping it out. I'm excited to send him some things.

    I have to say that I miss him. He is my best friend and I think of him and what he is doing over there often. I'll have to come and visit once he returns and you both get settled in. Let me know if there is anything I can do for you while he is gone. The distance makes it difficult, but I would do nearly anything for you... the wife of my best friend. Take care of yourself.

    Jason

    ReplyDelete